Bored during a COVID-19 lockdown? Stuck inside? Whether you’re already in lockdown, practicing social distancing, or preparing yourself for the worst, you check Out These 45 Activities for When You’re Stuck in A Coronavirus Quarantine
- Catch up with old friends from university/college/high school/camp.
- Watch a movie with them! (There are a couple of extensions like this one to do this. You can all also just start it at the same time).
- Donate food by answering trivia questions.
- Play the GeoGessr game.
- Read a book (Current recs are The Circle by Eggers and anything David Sedaris has breathed on).
- Join an online book club to talk about these books.
- Drink with friends over video chat (How is tele-drinking not a thing?).
- Play The Sims (There’s even a 75% off sale it right now).
- Practice your old instrument.
- Digitally network! Since people are stuck at home, they’ll be on their Twitter/LinkedIn a lot more.
- Have video/voice calls with them.
- Binge-watch Netflix (Forever faves are RuPaul’s Drag Race, The West Wing, & Devil Next Door).
- Learn/Practice a new language on Duolingo. Esperanto, anybody?
- Alternatively: Watch soap operas or bad movies in that language.
- Try new recipes.
- Get travel and vacation planning ideas for when this all ends. I love perusing around Google Earth, Instagram, or reading about current events/history for inspiration.
- Call that relative you’ve been meaning to.
- CAT VIDEOS (Forever obsessed with these).
- Do your taxes.
- Please do mine as well because I CBA??
- Make an online penpal.
- Watch/do exercise videos (This girl is my favorite)
- Listen to podcasts (TRY: This American Life, Freakanomics or anything from Gimlet).
- Foster an animal for an in-house quarantine buddy. Lots of shelters are closing and they need your help! Contact your local shelter to see if you can. Generally, they cover expenses & you’ll be saving a life!
- Do some arts and crafts (bracelets, crochet, etc).
- Make an online (or real) scrapbook (My favorites are MySocialBook and MixBook).
- Donate to food banks – They’re really struggling right now. Click here to find yours.
- Create a personal website and improve your online presence
- Finish a puzzle
- Color in adult coloring books (Or children’s ones. I’m not here to judge).
- Find a random useless website by clicking here.
- Learn to code. It’s an advantageous skill in pretty much every profession now. Java is my programmer-boyfriend’s favorite language (Thanks William!)
- Open a Google Doc and share it with all your friends: turn it into a sort of logbook where you can share articles, videos, songs, or even just stray thoughts (Bonus points if you have to make it about anything but coronavirus)
- Go on a Wikipedia journey (This article is my favorite starting point).
- Play a Wiki game online or with friends!
- Clean out your Twitter/Facebook/Instagram connections.
- Read one of those 150 email newsletters you accidentally subscribed to
- Unsubscribe to all of those pesky spam emails (Usually just replying with “Unsubscribe” does the trick).
- Respond to a spam email and see what happens.
- Actually read one of those coffee table books you bought in Prague/Paris/London/New York.
- Help the elderly/sick people in your building/neighborhood. Go to the pharmacy for them or bring them their shopping on the landing.
- Write and submit a piece to me! The sky is the limit on what you want to say but idea prompts are “What Feminism Means To Me As (Insert An Identity)” and/or “Tips On Dating When You Are (Insert Identity)” Email me with your work or more questions at FeministFlirt@gmail.com.
- Also, feel free to ask for advice here on anything from life to dating.
- Say hi on Twitter or Facebook for some social interaction. Conversation starter can be: Your favorite animal picture, favorite Taylor Swift song and/or WHAT DID HE DO, GIRL?
- Don’t hesitate because I’m literally always down to chat shit.
Thanks guys! I’ll see you next week
With so much information that is sometimes inaccurate/conflicting, The World Health Organization (A division of The United Nations) has declared COVID-19 an infodemic.
Please make sure you stay up-to-date using the best sources
Click here for world news regarding the pandemic (This is a live stream and updates regularly)
Down below for health advice/official guidelines